Sunday marks the beginning of the Advent season. As we begin waiting for the birth of Christ, let us prepare our hearts to receive our Lord! The word “Advent” comes from the Latin word “Advenio” or to come to. Not only are we waiting for Christ’s birth, but we are also receiving Christ into our lives through Grace! Come Emmanuel!
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- December 7-8th: Jingle Bell Shoppe. Students can bring money to purchase small items for their families. The gifts will be wrapped and ready to place under the tree!
- December 13th: Students in grades K-8 will participate in a program through Hamilton County about bullying. It is a wonderful opportunity for our students to learn about being bullied and how not to become a bully.
- December 13th: Grade 5 to Twin Towers
- December 19th: Christmas Concert grades PreK-3 . Students should report to their homerooms (PreK will report to room 119) between 6:30 and 6:45 pm. Doors will unlock at 6:30. Students are expected to dress appropriately- no tennis shoes, sandals, jeans, sweatpants/yoga type pants, shorts or t shirts. Sunday best clothes and shoes are required. A clean school uniform with dress shoes is acceptable.
- December 20th: Spirit Day! Students my dress in their spirit wear or Christmas shirt and uniform bottoms! Last day of school before Christmas break.
- December 21st-January 2nd: Christmas break!
- January 3rd: School resumes with a regular schedule.
- January 12th: End of second quarter
- January 15th: Martin Luther King Day: no school
- January 21/28: Open House 12-2
- January 28th- February 2: Catholic Schools Week!
NEWS FROM PTA:
Winter Spirit Wear orders were sent home this week. Please try to get those in as soon as possible so we can fill those orders before Christmas. Also included in the order, are St. Vivian Car Magnets.
St. Vivian School Directory
Our junior high students had the chance to submit artwork for the front and back cover of our PTA School Directory. Mrs. Dietz explained the project during art class and the students were able to submit artwork to potentially be chosen for the front or back cover of the directory. Thank you for all the directory cover submissions! We have a lot of talented students here at St. Vivian. We had a team of parents that viewed all of the artwork and had a tough job narrowing the artwork contest down to 5 finalist:
Ruth Arnold-6th grade
Lily Martin- 6th grade
Clare Wiley-8th grade
Lilly Finamore-6th grade. Lilly’s artwork was selected for the front cover.
Cammy Niesen- 8th grade. Cammy’s artwork was selected for the back cover.
The Finamore and Niesen families each get a complimentary copy of the directory. You can view the front and back cover on our PTA bulletin board in the school breezeway.
If you ordered a directory it will come home with your child today. If you did not receive one and you think you should have please contact Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to Know the St. Vivian Staff!!!
Want to know a little more about St. Vivian’s staff? Curious about who the new or older teachers are? Wonder who the staff are that you see in the hallways? There are so many new faces – teachers and students alike. So, here’s your chance to find out who’s who. Every week, the PTA will highlight different staff members. Check out 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers here: http://mystvivian.org/2017/11/11/get-to-know-you-second-and-third-grade-edition/ and http://mystvivian.org/2017/11/29/get-to-know-you-4th-5th-grade-edition/
Teacher Laptops are in. PTA has purchased laptops for our full time teachers because YOU – parents and students- have worked so hard at fundraising. Thank you for collecting Walk A Thon money, selling coupons books, going to Dine and Donates, turning in Box Tops. All these little things add up to help raise money for your school and buy things to support our school.
If you have suggestions for other school purchases, let PTA know. Send them to email@example.com
Christmas Concert Bakes and Helpers are needed for the December 19th concert. BAKERS – we need lots of them. Everyone loves Christmas cookies.
Set up and clean up. This is good opportunity for upper grades families to help. 7th and 8th graders can also help with set up and clean up. Adults must be Virtus Trained for set up and clean up.
|Christmas Concert Hostess and Bakers
Our Christmas Concert will be held December 19. Afterwards there will be refreshments. Lots of bakers are needed to provide cookies or brownies. Please either have your child bring them in on December 19th to be stored or bring them in after school on December 19th. A few volunteers are needed set up, clean up and refilling cookie trays
Jingle Bell Shoppe is next Thursday and Friday. Help is also needed on Wednesday for set up. This is so much fun for our kids, but it takes lots of help. Sign up for set up, helping our students shop, or wrapping. Thursday and Friday volunteers must be Virtus Trained.
If you are interested in being the contact for the yearbook, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great job for someone who needs hours outside of school hours.