We had several families show up for school yesterday! If you are not receiving a message from school via text and/0r voicemail, please contact the school immediately with updated contact information! The delays/closings are also available on Channels 5, 9, and 12 as well as their websites and our Facebook page. If you are not following St. Vivian School on Facebook, I encourage you to do so!
Since we have missed four days of school, you will notice students will be coming home with a “Blizzard Bag” envelope. This envelope contains school work, approved by the state, for students to complete in the event we need to call school in the future. The information inside is numbered so students know which packet to complete. We will start with packets numbered 1-3. If we are closed, students will complete the packets IN ORDER! Pray for good weather!!
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- REPORT CARDS: Starting this quarter, report cards will be available online to view and print. We will not be sending home report cards from school. You will receive a final report card at the end of the school year for your records. The report card view will be available on Friday January 19th.
- Sunday January 21st and 28th: Open House 12-2: We are in need of tour guides. Students in grades 6-8 may receive service hours.
- February 1st: Priority enrollment for current students (ends February 15th). We will begin open enrollment for incoming students on February 20th. A gentle reminder that we cannot guarantee your child’s enrollment after February 15th if the paper work and registration fee is not submitted by this date.
- Edchoice renewals: Begin February 1st. You should receive a renewal form in the mail. If not, please contact the school.
- CEF Scholarships: Catholic Education Foundation Scholarship deadline is approaching! I encourage all families to apply for this $250-$1000 scholarship- even if you are currently receiving EDchoice! If you wish to apply for a parish scholarship in April, this CEF scholarship must be applied for first. Applicants failing to apply for the CEF scholarship will not be eligible for a parish scholarship. AT this time, only your 2016 tax documents need to be uploaded. Your 2017 documents for a parish scholarship can be uploaded at a later time.
NEWS FROM THE BOOSTERS: DEADLINES ARE APPROACHING!
St. Bartholomew & St Vivian’s Athletic Associations Announce:
BOYS BASEBALL REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
We have had enough interest to offer Boys Baseball for the 2018 Spring season. This will be a combination of St Bart’s and St Vivian student athletes.
Online registration is open from January 9th, through January 19th and can be found at: www.stbartsathletics.org
Payment and fees due at time of online registration. Registration must be complete to participate.
Late registrations (after 1/19/18) will be assessed a $25 fee – if the team even has the ability to accept the applicant due to the roster.
NOTE: We need to submit teams to the league on 1/22/18 so if your son is not signed up by the deadline we may not be able to place him on a team
***We are still trying to locate a league for Girls Softball – more to follow We are also in need of a Girls Softball Coordinator – please contact Ryan Weigand at 859-630-1538 or email@example.com
January is filled with lots of activities
Dine and Donate Thursday Jan 18 Buffalo Wings and Rings in Finneytown NO FLYER needed!
St. Vivian Open House will be both Sunday Jan 21 and Jan 28 from 12-2. Tell your neighbors and friends.
Doughnuts with Dad Monday January 29 from 7:00- 7:45 Invite dads, grandpas, or a male mentor and enjoy a cup of coffee and treat. Sign Up Genius Below. Virtus training for Monday Morning help
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon Friday Feb 2 from 11-1. While our teachers are enjoy a lunch, we will need “subs” to watch our kids. Please consider watching your child’s class during this time. Sign up Genius below. Must be Virtus Trained
|Doughnuts with Dad
Celebrate Dads, Grandpas, or a male relative or mentor. Jan 29 before school starting at 7:00. Enjoy a time to connect with other families at Doughnuts with Dad. Kids will be off to school by 7:30. We will need a few volunteers for set up, organizing, and clean up. We need lots of bakers for these events.
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is
|Teacher Appreciation Lunch
Let’s show how much we appreciate our teachers! February 2 they will be enjoying a catered meal and a little time of relaxation. Consider “subbing” for a few hours while our teachers leisurely enjoy their meal and a few other treats.