NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- Report cards: All report cards are available on Jupiter. Please log in to view your child’s report card.
- Open House: January 21st and 28th. Spread the news and tell a friend!
- Catholic Schools Week: January 28th-February 2nd. Info will come home next week explaining how we will celebrate this awesome week!
- CEF (Catholic Education Foundation ) Scholarship: Deadline is January 31st. As of today, only 23 families have started the process and many of those are incomplete. I cannot stress enough how important it is to complete this form- especially if you owe tuition!! No parish scholarship will be awarded without completing the CEF scholarship first! Please do not delay this process!!
- Re-enrollment Forms: Enrollment for next year will begin on February 1st. We will send home the paperwork next week. Please return your form and your enrollment fee of $125.00 (includes a $25.00 cafeteria fee- we need volunteers to keep this fee from increasing again next year!) by February 15th. Any form returned after 2:20 pm February 15th will be charged a $25.00 late fee!
- Edchoice: Forms will be available on February 1st. Please complete your form and return to the school with your Duke energy bill for proof of residence. (Water or sewage bill will work as well).
At St. Vivian School, we strive every day to bring the Good News of Christ to our students.
Here is a great example from Mrs. Boemker’s FIRST GRADE Prayer Partners!
In homeroom 1B, we use a LOT of music to praise God. On a daily basis, we sing “The Morning Offering” as we\ tell God that we want to serve Him and Praise Him all day! After lunch, we sing the “Our Father” with prayerful movement. This helps us to start the afternoon as a homeroom family! First Grade is a wonderful time to learn about God’s Providential Love for us all!
Mrs. Boemker, Grade 1 Teacher
Grades 4 and 5 spent time on Friday January 19th, creating 200 sack lunches for day workers and the homeless. Just another awesome example of God’s awesome work at St. Vivian School!!
Our 6-8th graders are busy in their “Design Lab”. They are working with area architects to create building designs! They will be competing in the city-wide competition later this spring defending St. Vivian’s awards from last year! This is our STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math) school in action!
NEWS FROM PTA:
PTA has generously donated money to purchase a 3D printer for our STEAM program! Look for exciting photos to come!!
Catholic Schools week is coming up….
We have some special events planned throughout the week including a Teacher Luncheon where we will need several Virtus Trained parents to act as “subs” for the class while our teachers enjoy lunch and a few special treats. This is February 2 from 11-1. Check the Sign Up Genius. Also needed are a few desserts and donations for 2 Liters of soda
|Teacher Appreciation Lunch
Let’s show how much we appreciate our teachers! February 2 they will be enjoying a catered meal and a little time of relaxation. Consider “subbing” for a few hours while our teachers leisurely enjoy their meal and a few other treats.
Doughnuts with Dad is coming up on January 29 from 7:00 to 7:45 AM. This is a great time where kids can have a treat with other dads, grandpas, or special male mentor. We’ll need a few helpers as well as some donated treats. Check out the Sign Up Genius Below to donate or help.
Everywhere you go, people are taking pictures. If you have a special picture you would like contributed to the yearbook, please send it to email@example.com and we will add it to our growing album.
If you are not getting PTA updates, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you.
You can also join our Facebook page for updates