Sorry for the delay in posting this- even the principal is not immune to the flu this year! Please read the below information from the board of health.
St. Vivian School requests your assistance to help protect the health of children and staff this influenza season. Because influenza or “flu” can be easily spread from person to person, we are asking your help to reduce the spread of flu in our facility. We want to work with families to keep the St. Vivian open to children and functioning in a normal manner during this flu season.
Here is what you can do to help:
- Pack you child’s lunch in a disposable lunch bag. Germs can catch a ride to and from school on lunch boxes/bags!
- Teach your children to wash their hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub. Adults can set a good example by doing this too.
- Teach your children not to share personal items like drinks, food or unwashed utensils, and to cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues. If tissues are not available, coughs and sneezes can be covered with the elbow, arm or sleeve instead of hands.
- Know the signs and symptoms of the flu. Symptoms of the flu include fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher), cough, sore throat, a runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, and feeling very tired. Some people may also vomit or have diarrhea. Symptoms usually start suddenly.
- Keep sick children at home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone without using fever-reducing drugs. By keeping children home when they have a fever, we can reduce the number of new people who may get infected.
- Do not send children to [school/child care] if they are sick. Children who are determined to be sick while at St. Vivian will be sent home.
- Check with your doctor about getting yourself and your children vaccinated for seasonal influenza.
If the flu becomes more severe, we may take additional steps such as screening children and staff when they come to school.
For more information, please go to www.cdc.gov/flu or call either
[For schools within Cincinnati:
Ruby Bond or Margaret Sheldon of the Cincinnati Health Department’s Communicable Disease and Prevention Unit at 513-357-7462; OR
For schools in Hamilton County, outside of the Cincinnati city limits:
Alexis Grimes Trotter at Hamilton County Public Health’s Epidemiology and Assessment Division at 513-946-7924.]
We will keep you updated with new information as it becomes available.
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- Re-enrollment Forms: Enrollment for next year will begin on February 1st. We will send home the paperwork next week. Please return your form and your enrollment fee of $125.00 (includes a $25.00 cafeteria fee- we need volunteers to keep this fee from increasing again next year!) by February 15th. Any form returned after 2:20 pm February 15th will be charged a $25.00 late fee!
- Edchoice: Forms will be available on February 1st. Please complete your form and return to the school with your Duke energy bill for proof of residence. (Water or sewage bill will work as well).
- January 29th: Donuts with dad~ see flyer that came home with your child (purple paper).
- February 14th: Ash Wednesday. We will be attending Mass and receiving ashes.
- February 15th-16th: Conferences- Parents will be notified by their homeroom teacher if a conference is needed.
- February 16th- First Fish Fry! Have you volunteered to help yet? See info below to volunteer! We need your help!!
- February 16th and 19th– No School
- March 5th-16– IOWA testing grades 1-7.
- March 16th– End of the 3rd quarter
- March 26th-April 3rd– Spring Break-no school
- April 4th– Inservice; no school- Teachers will be attending the NCEA National Conference.
- Priority enrollment starts this week! If you do not receive a blue form on Monday, please contact the office!
Thank you Heather Hoffman for stepping up to take on the task of creating our yearbook! If you have any pictures from various events, please send them to email@example.com
Donuts with Dad Thank you!
We hope you all had fun at Donuts with Dad. It was great to see all the kids sharing a meal with their dads and other family members. Thank you for all people who contributed donuts & drinks and the people who helped make it happen: Jane Schurdak, Eric Schurdak, Maeve Schurdak, Jasper Schellingerhout, Kate Walls, Kevin McCabe, Lara Arnold, Joe Arnold, BJ Sander and Eddie Jimenez.