NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
Grade 7 Confirmation Picture. Congratulations!!
St. Vivian’s Spelling Bee
During Catholic School Week, St. Vivian students participated in a spelling bee. Contestants from Grades 4 through Grade 8 competed in an assembly attended by their classmates. There were 15 participants, three from each grade level. Within their language arts classes, students had “spell-offs” to determine the final contestants.
The list of contestants:
Fourth grade – Camila , Antonisha , Angy
Fifth grade – Aiyana , Makayla, Danielle
Sixth grade – LeAnn, Daphne, Keira
Seventh grade – Braydon, Keyira , Elise (Kevin was sick and unable to participate)
Eighth grade – Taylor , Josiah, Sammi
After an exciting and competitive spelling bee, our three winners were decided. In third place, Braydon (7th grade); in second place, Taylor (8th grade); and our champion in first place, LeAnn (6th grade). Congratulations to our winners and to all our excellent spellers! We are so proud of you!
- Spring Picture Flyer: SPRING PICS
- Re-enrollment Forms: Enrollment for next year will begin on February 1st. We will send home the paperwork next week. Please return your form and your enrollment fee of $125.00 (includes a $25.00 cafeteria fee- we need volunteers to keep this fee from increasing again next year!) by February 15th. Any form returned after 2:20 pm February 15th will be charged a $25.00 late fee!
- Edchoice: Forms will be available on February 1st. Please complete your form and return to the school with your Duke energy bill for proof of residence. (Water or sewage bill will work as well).
- January 29th: Donuts with dad~ see flyer that came home with your child (purple paper).
- February 14th: Ash Wednesday. We will be attending Mass and receiving ashes.
- February 15th-16th: Conferences- Parents will be notified by their homeroom teacher if a conference is needed.
- February 16th- First Fish Fry! Have you volunteered to help yet?
- February 16th and 19th– No School
- March 5th-16– IOWA testing grades 1-7.
- March 16th– End of the 3rd quarter
- March 26th-April 3rd– Spring Break-no school
- April 4th– In service; no school- Teachers will be attending the NCEA National Conference.
NEWS FROM PTA:
Thank you to all the many volunteers that made Catholic Schools Week extra special.
Thanks to Jim and Carly Vondrell for organizing the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
Thanks to the following volunteers for “subbing” for our students while our teachers relaxed. Ashlee Finley, Karen McCann, Heather Hoffman, Elizabeth Mandeng, Lisa Everingham, Denise McCabe, Lara Arnold, Emily Rutz, Maureen Richard, Bill Fedele, Tracy Tschida, Erin Pauley. Special thanks to Linda Meyer, and Michelle Conley.
We hope you all had fun at Donuts with Dad. It was great to see all the kids sharing a meal with their d
ads and other family members. Thank you for all people who contributed donuts & drinks and the people who helped make it happen: Jane Schurdak, Eric Schurdak, Maeve Schurdak, Jasper Schellingerhout, Kate Walls, Denise McCabe, Kevin McCabe, Lara Arnold, BJ Sander and Eddie Jimenez.
Please use your St. Vivian’s reusable grocery tote, a gift from PTA. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your family did not receive one.
A FEW MORE BOXES OF CANDY TO SELL- BONUS!!!!!
We have about 20 boxes of candy to sell. We’re offering a bonus to the first people to respond to email@example.com. For each box of 60 candy bars your family sells, you get to keep $5 of what you sell. A list will be generated and your student can pick up a box in the office when you have contacted the PTA. Selling off this last bit of candy really helps!
The February PTA meeting will be Tuesday Feb 13 at 7:00 in Ursuline Hall. We have lots of year end events to discuss. Hope you can make it
Everybody Counts, our disability awareness program, is coming up in March. We will need lots of Virtus Trained volunteers.
VIRTUS TRAINING AT ST. VIVIAN
St. Vivian will be conducting a Virtus Training Session on March 7 at 6:00 PM. Please consider enrolling in this session or one of the many sessions being offered in the Archdioceses. All volunteers who interact, teach, or volunteer with minors in the Archdioceses of Cincinnati MUST BE VIRTUS TRAINED.
Please select your Archdiocese/Diocese/Religious Organization from the list below: