Today in Father Jerry’s homily, he spoke about giving up complaining for Lent. Above are some other ways we can grow closer to God during our Lenten journey~ Mrs. Brack
MORNING DROP OFF ISSUES!
- Please pull your car up as far as possible. If you are at the front of the line, pull up to the ramp.
- Have students ready to exit the car before the car stops. This includes having their jackets on and backpacks ready.
- Wait to follow the line of traffic. Do not pull out off line.
PARENTS WHO WANT TO WALK THEIR CHILDREN TO THE DOOR must park outside the inner loop. The suggested area is by the garage/Ursuline Hall.
There have been issues with kids and parents walking in front of cars. It’s often difficult to see students in the morning twilight. Some students walk across traffic while on cell phone. As mentioned, park outside the traffic loop and this danger can be avoided.
Please share this with anyone who is responsible for dropping off your child in the morning.
We currently do not have regular help for morning drop off. In the meantime, it’s important parents drop of students according to these procedures. If you are interested in helping direct traffic, please contact Mrs. Brack.
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- Edchoice Scholarship applications are now being accepted for the upcoming school year. Please submit your form with proof of residency; Duke Energy Bill; water or sewage bill
- February 27th-COSI- we are still in need of volunteers to make this an awesome experience for the children. See how to volunteer under PTA NEWS!
- March 5th-16th– IOWA testing grades 1-7.
- March 16th– End of the 3rd quarter
- March 26th-April 3rd– Spring Break-no school
- April 4th– In service; no school- Teachers will be attending the NCEA National Conference.
NEWS FROM PTA:
COSI is coming to St. Vivian. Columbus Ohio Science Institute is a first class science museum. Their traveling science demonstration will be a high light of the year. Kids will surely be talking about it for a long time. Be a part of the fun and volunteer to help with the demonstrations. We still need several volunteers. Contact Roxane firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY VIRTUS TRAINED VOLUNTEERS
Help planning Graduations
We need a committee of parents willing to plan 8th grade graduation. Contact email@example.com if interested.
Box Tops for Education!!! Try to get them in this week for the March 1 dead line.
World’s Finest Chocolate Candy Sale-Bonus
We have a few more boxes left. Sell a box and keep $5
Chipotle Dine and Donate is February 27. Look for a flyer and get 50% of your bill donated to St. Vivian PTA.
If you are not receiving regular PTA emails, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Vivian will be hosting a VIRTUS TRAINING session March 6
|Our lives are a series of encounters with others, most times good, other times just awful. No one fully knows the backgrounds of those we encounter, what they have …|
COSI on Wheels
Columbus Ohio Science Institute has a traveling science program for students. This year will be astronomy. We’ll need lots of help! Monday Evening Feb 26 we’ll need help setting up tables and moving equipment. Please only sign up if you are willing to lift at least 50 pounds. Tuesday February 27 will be a busy day. There will be 9 stations set up in the morning and 9 set up in the afternoon. You can sign up for the whole day or just half day. Volunteers will be given detailed instructions to give science demonstrations to our students.
NEWS FROM BOOSTERS:
St. Vivian’s Fish Fry will be Held this Friday, Feb 23rd and again next Friday, March 2nd. The food is EXCELLENT – one of the best in the CITY!!!!!! We have the following:
- Fried Fish Dinners
- Baked Cod
- Baked Salmon
- Fried Shrimp
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Fries, Hush Puppies, Mac and Cheese, Salad, Coleslaw, Red Potatoes, Green Beans and much more
- BEER!!! and assorted non-alcoholic drinks
- Carry-out available
- We accept Credit cards!!!
St. Vivian’s is Raffling – 2 Cincinnati Reds Prize Packages – sponsored by the Reds, The Goody Shop and Sanders Brothers Landscaping
- (1) 4-pack of Opening day Reds tickets
- (1) Reds prize basket with tickets to a game
- Donation: 1 chance for $3 or 2 for $5 (and received a free Ice Cream cone at the Goody Shop if you by 2 tickets)
Location is at 7600 Winton Rd from 5:00 – 8:00 PM