SABRE FUN RUN!
Wow! The students did an amazing job getting pledges! As of this morning, we have pledged $15, 227.18!!! The exceeds our goal of $13,000, so if all pledges equaling $13,000 are fulfilled, our last day of school will be Thursday May 24th! Congratulations on a job well done! I would also like to thank our PTA and especially Denise McCabe and Lara Arnold who have put so much time and effort into making this fun run a BLAST for our students!! Way to go SABRES!!! Mrs. Brack
Linda Dodd Scholarship:
Linda was a beloved teacher here at St. Vivian for 20 years. She tragically died in an automobile accident in 2000. A memorial fund was started and a memorial garden was developed outside the school library to commemorate Linda’s love of reading. Her family developed the “Human Fund” in her honor and hold an annual golf outing to raise funds for Catholic education at St. Vivian and several area Catholic high schools. This document speaks to the use of those funds at St. Vivian School specifically.
Annually five (5) scholarships, not exceeding the amount of tuition owed, will be awarded to students at St. Vivian School. The maximum amount for these scholarships will be determined by the Dodd Family and the St. Vivian business office each year, not to exceed $700.00 each. The guidelines for these awards are as follows:
- One scholarship will be awarded to the student in the current third grade with the highest test percentage score in the Accelerated Reader Program as of May 1. This scholarship will be available to parishioner and non-parishioner families, but only up to the amount of outstanding tuition not covered by any other assistance.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a parishioner child of a multi-generational St. Vivian School family. The award will be decided by random drawing and a student can only receive the scholarship once in their tenure at St. Vivian. The scholarship will only be for up to the amount of tuition not covered by any other assistance.
- Students not receiving Ohio State Vouchers may apply for a scholarship by submitting an essay answering “Why is reading important to me?” Three scholarships will be awarded with one in each of the following category:
- Kindergarten through Grade 2
- Grade 3 through Grade 5
- Grade 6 through Grade 7
The application process will begin on May 4th and be open until May 11th. Awards will be made based on the actual essays written or by random draw at the discretion of the Tuition Review Board.
All scholarship awards will be made at the final school Mass of the year, are non-transferrable if the student leaves St. Vivian, and applicable for the upcoming school year. No actual funds will be given to the families, but applied to the family’s tuition balance. All scholarships will be overseen by the Tuition Review Board.
Other money contributed to the Linda Dodd Memorial Fund can be used for small incidental expenses needed for upkeep of the Dodd Memorial Garden.
Grades 4-8 Spring Concert info:
WHO: 4th through 8th grade and Orchestra students at St. Vivian School.
WHERE: St. Vivian School
WHEN: Monday, May 14 at 7:00 p.m. Students should arrive at 6:30 p.m. and report directly to their holding room. 4th and 5th Grade report to their homerooms, 6th grade to room 117, 7th grade to room 118, 8S to room 119, 8F to room 120, orchestra to music room.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Do: Khakis, dress slacks, nice shirt, skirt, dress, school uniform, dress shoes.
Don’t: Gym shoes, jeans, t-shirts, shorts.
QUESTIONS: If there are any questions, please contact Mr. Shea at email@example.com.
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- May 9th: Grade 7 retreat Camp Kern.
- Leave at 8 am return at 5:30. Please make arrangements for someone to pick up your child at 5:30 pm.
- May 11th: PreK Field Trip-Parky’s Farm; Grade 4/5 Field Trip-Appalachian Folk Festival
- May 14th: Spring Concert 7 pm Grades 4-8
- May 21st: Field day Grades 6-8 (Contact Mr. Buckley to volunteer. Must be Virtus trained. Grade 3 Field Trip
- May 22nd: Grade 8 Field Trip to Soccer City
- May 22nd: Field Day Grades PreK-5
- May 23rd: Graduation
- Breakfast 8am-10am
- Pictures 5:30 pm
- Graduation 7 pm
- Celebration 8:30 pm- 1o:3o pm (still needing chaperones for 10:30-12:00)
- May 25th: Last day of school for grades K-8. Dismissal at 11:00 am. No lunch will be served. -This may change if our pledges are fulfilled!! Collect those pledges!!
NEWS FROM PTA:
“2018-2019 SCHOOL CAFETERIA VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED”
Come join us as a volunteer during the lunch time hour to see the feeding frenzy! Here’s all you need to know how to do:
- Arrive between 10:45 – 10:55 am
- Pull snack cart out from office area
- Get drinks from refrigerator
- Organize snacks and drinks on table on cafeteria floor in corner at end of food line
- Get money drawer from Michele
- Sell snacks and drinks to kids during allotted lunch time
- Give money drawer back to Michele
- Put snacks back in totes on cart
- Push cart back to storage area
- Get free lunch and enjoy the rest of your day J
Questions? No worries – no experience needed.
We are in need of new volunteers as we have lost some great help due to graduations. Substitutes on an as needed basis are welcomed if you cannot commit fully but all must have the required Virtus training. If you have any questions or want to sign up, please contact Maureen Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or at 513-521-2976 (before 8:00 pm).”
Many thanks to all those who participated to make the Sabre Fun Run a success. Be sure to thank all those who personally pledged money towards your goal.
A very special thanks to our chairperson, Denise McCabe, who has been planning the Sabre Fun Run for months. We’re grateful for all the hard work and dedication to St. Vivian School.
The Spring Concert is coming up May 14. Please consider making or bringing a sweet treat to share afterwards. We also will need 3 hostesses to help set up. Check out the Sign Up Genius
|St. Vivian PTA: Spring Concert Hostess and Refreshments
Our Spring Concert is coming up on May 14th. Families like to enjoy a time of friendship and fellowship afterwards. Please consider bringing a sweet treat that evening. We will also need a few “hostesses” to help set up and replenish treats.
OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER THIS SUMMER!
MT. HEALTHY ALLIANCE
Zone 231 Summer Program – June 11th through August 10th
*Monday through Friday, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
*Offer assistance for youth grades 2nd thru 6th in Snacks, Arts and Crafts, Sports, Mentoring
More information call 513-521-1162, or email: email@example.com
Food Pantry – Weekly Hours
*Monday 11:00 am- 1:00 pm
*Tuesday 5:00 am – 7:00 pm
*Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
*Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Offer assistance with shopping with clients or stocking shelves
More information call 513-551-8036, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Transforming lives in our community by providing services with Christian love and dignity.”
Visit our website: mthealthyalliance.org