Today is the last day of the 1st Quarter. Starting Monday, students may not wear shorts or skorts. Please dress them for the ever changing Fall weather!!!
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- October 23rd: Picture retake. Only students who are retaking pictures will be out of uniform.
- October 25th ***** Tag Day for Coats**** See below!
- October 25th: Report cards will be ready to be viewed on JupiterEd. If you have not logged onto your child’s account, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the website! Log in information was sent home in early September. We will not be printing report cards.
- October 26th: Teacher in service: NO SCHOOL
- October 31st: Halloween- All party favors must be store bought and wrapped. No homemade treats are permitted due to allergies. Students will not consume treats at school, but the treats will be sent home for parental approval.
- November 9th: Grandparents Day: More info to come!!
- November 19th: parent/teacher conferences 3:00-8:00. More info to come!
- November 20th-23rd: Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL.
On October 25th, we will have a Tag Day to collect funds to purchase coats for needy students. We have need in our own school as well as neighboring schools. For a $1.00 (or more) donation, students may be OUT OF UNIFORM (follow the handbook) on October 25th. Please consider this worthy cause and donate to provide a student with a warm winter coat! God Bless! Mrs. Brack
NEWS FROM PTA:
St. Vivian Community Clean-Up
Do you need some help with yard work this fall? The St. Vivian PTA Clean-Up Crew wants to help you, the Parish. Students with their parents will come to your house and help with yard work and simple repairs. The planned date is the second weekend of November. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need some help this fall or know of someone who will need help. After you email, PTA will reach out to you set up a time and get more details.
GRANDPARENTS’/ SPECIAL PERSONS’ Day
The morning of November 9 is a very special day at St. Vivian. We will be celebrating that relationship with grandparents or a special person in your student’s life. Students will go to Mass with their grandparent/special person and enjoy a presentation celebrating our Veterans. They’ll enjoy a snack and get their picture taken in the gym and get to meet the teachers.
Many Virtus Trained volunteers are needed to help with the event as well as snack, drink, fruit, and baked goods donations. Please check on the Sign Up Genius on how you can help….
It’s very important to communicate with the grandparents and special person to PARK IN THE BACK OF THE SCHOOL so it will not interfere with buses
Family Service Day is Nov 10 from 9 AM to Noon. Bring a rake, garden gloves and a heart to serve our parish families who might need a little extra help with Fall clean up. ALL CHILDREN MUST BE WITH THEIR PARENTS. If you are not a Virtus Trained family, this is a good opportunity to log in some volunteer hours.
Take a look in the office at the St. Vivian Logo sweatshirts, fleeces, and dri-fit pullovers. These can be found on schoolbelles.com . The St. Vivian code is S1992. These are ordered and delivered to your house.
If you need an additional gray gym shirt or shirt for spiritwear day, we have most sizes available for $5. These can be purchased in the school office.
Coupon Books and Prizes will go home on Oct 25. Please deliver these to your ‘customers’ as soon as possible. Keep in mind, the order form you sent in, is the only record of your order. We will ask your students to keep the bags sealed until they get home.
Dine and Donate
Finneytown Buffalo Wings and Rings continues to be very generous this year. Find a reason to celebrate and go out to dinner at Buffalo Wings and Rings on October 25. Flyers will be sent home or can be found on our Facebook Page
NEWS FROM BOOSTERS: