NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
Welcome Back! I hope everyone had a relaxing Christmas Vacation. Everyone is back into the routine and ready for the second half of the school year.
- January 11th- End of the 2nd Quarter
- January 18th: Report cards will be available online
- January 18th: Hamilton County Bullying Program K-8
- January 20th: Open House
- January 21st: MLK Day- No School
- January 27th: Open House #2
- January 28th- February 1st: Catholic’s Schools Week. More info to come!
- January 31st: CEF Archdiocesan Scholarship is due. Please refer to the information below.
ARCHDIOCESAN TUITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (2019-2020)
As promised as part of the “One Faith, One Hope, One Love” Campaign (http://1faith1hope1love.org) the Catholic Educational Foundation for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati will be offering tuition assistance for next school year (2019-2020). The application process is now open and the priority deadline for applications is January 31, 2019.
- YOU MUST APPLY FOR THE CEF GRANT BEFORE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FINANCIAL AID THROUGH ST. VIVIAN PARISH AND IS ALSO REQUIRED FOR EDCHOICE APPLICANTS (NEW AND RENEWAL). If you have set up a FACTS account in the past, use your username and password to log in for the 2019-2020 application and to upload your 2017 W2 and 2017 tax return. Your application is incomplete if the supporting documents are not uploaded.
* * THE DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION IS JANUARY 31, 2019. **
Grades K-8 Student Grants
- Level of Need Based on Income: All K-8 grade grants funded by the CEF will be awarded based upon the assessed financial need of our families, performed by a third-party company which will examine a family’s income and suggest a level of need.
- $1000 Limit: A grant will not exceed the amount of $1,000 per student, with the amount determined by the financial needs assessment. (This $1,000 is an initial limit; it may increase in future years, dependent on future funds raised and changing policies of the grant program.)
- Annual Applications: These grants must be applied for annually, and will be awarded without distinguishing between families based upon religion; however, local parishes/schools could make such differentiations in awards of separate local tuition assistance.
- Qualifying for Other Support: These primary school grants will not be provided to any family who already receives, or who qualifies to receive, full tuition support from state-funded Parental Choice programs (the EdChoice Scholarship, the Jon Peterson Scholarship, etc.). However, these grants will be awarded before any form of locally-generated tuition assistance (such as parish or school aid).
- Which Schools Apply: Awarded grants may be applied at any Catholic Elementary School recognized by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
For the CEF Grant information and application please visit:http://catholicbestchoice.org/k-8-tuition-information/. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find “To apply Click Here” this will take you to the FACTS website to begin the application process. Be sure to write down your username and password for future reference.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact the school office.
Who should apply?
- All students receiving a parish scholarship MUST apply for the CEF Scholarship in order to qualify for parish assistance. If you do not apply for the CEF, the finance committee will not consider your child for a parish scholarship.
- All Edchoice scholarship students need to apply to cover the difference between the Edchoice Scholarship and our tuition. This year, that was $475 per student. The CEF scholarship can cover the portion of the scholarship not covered by the state.
- Any parent wishing to reduce their child’s tuition. Even if you think you will not qualify, I encourage you to complete the file. The CEF board awards lower amounts as well.
NEWS FROM PTA:
Catholic Schools week…Everybody Counts, our disabilities awareness program is scheduled for most of our classes on
Jan. 31. We still need Virtus Trained Volunteers to help out. Training, curriculum, and materials are supplies. Contact Ed Stadnik to help out email@example.com
We always need Virtus trained Volunteers for Recess Duty. Contact Allison Myers to get on the schedule. Our teachers appreciate the break. firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher appreciation Luncheon is Feb 1. PTA provides a relaxing catered meal- but someone has to watch the students! Please consider “subbing” for one of our class rooms during the two hours our teachers have their special luncheon. Teachers will provide a self guided lesson for students during this time. We also are asking for drink, dessert, and goody bag donations. Check out the Sign Up Genius to help out