NEWS FROM SCHOOL
- Just a reminder, if you are walking up to the school to pick up your child in the car line, we dismiss the walkers after all the students are picked up from the car line. Parents should not park on Denier Place as the neighbors are complaining about too many cars on the street.
- Please check your students uniforms. Students must wear tailored uniform pants. Elastic at the waist and ankles are not permitted. No cargo type pants should be worn as well.
Upcoming dates to remember:
- We are closed Monday September 2nd for Labor Day.
- September 19th: School pictures
- October 3rd/4th: Fall Break; NO SCHOOL
NEWS FROM PTA:
Hello parents! We hope your students are having an easy transition back into the swing of things! It is already Friday; time is going too fast.
How to contact the PTA: If you have any question for the PTA, please email email@example.com We can help you get your 20 volunteer hours!
Remember to follow the school on Facebook: St. Vivian School
When does the PTA meet? St. Vivian is such a wonderful school because of the AMAZING parents that volunteer throughout the year! There is a reason you chose our school for your child, we are counting on you to help us continue to be successful and the best option for your family. We really hope to see many new faces at both the meetings and helping with events this year. This year, we will alternate months with the 3rd Thursday and 3rd Sunday. Following is a schedule for our next 4 meetings, all held in St. Ursuline Hall. Childcare will be provided, so bring the whole family! This is a great opportunity for a Middle School students to earn service hours! If interested, please email the PTA.
- Sunday September 15 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- Thursday October 17 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- Sunday November 17 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- No meeting in December
- Thursday January 16 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
Dine to Donate: September 7, Skyline Chili Finneytown.
This is a great opportunity to support our school, while spending time with family and friends! Each month, local restaurants donate a portion of their sales directly to the St. Vivian PTA. A flyer was sent home with your student for our September event at Skyline Chili and is needed for St. Vivian to receive credit. Attached is another copy for you to reprint and share with others.
Gym Shorts: Pre-ordered shorts were delivered to your student’s homeroom today. If you ordered shorts for multiple students, they were sent home with the oldest child.
Gym Shirts: All Adult sizes, Small-XLarge, have been replenished. If you would like to purchase one, please send $5, cash (exact change please) or check (made payable to St. Vivian PTA) to school in an envelope labeled with your child’s name, teacher and requested size on it, and one will be sent home with your student.
Spirit wear: You can purchase sweatshirts, 3/4 zip pullovers and microfleece pullovers through Schools Bells. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Spirit wear mom Lisa Dario at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit schoolbells.com
- Enter the school code S1992 and choose Boy or Girl
- On the Category Listing page, click on School Specialty Items
- You will see the 3 items listed above available for purchase.
Virtus Training: Did you know that you already paid your training fee when you enrolled your child? So why not put your money to good use and attend a class?
- Visit: https://www. virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_ list.cfm?theme=0
- Choose Cincinnati, OH (Archdiocese)
- Find a location that is convenient for you
Next Virtus training held at St Vivian: Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6pm (as of 8/30/19, there are only 5 slots left! Register today!)
Uniform Exchange: St. Vivian is so blessed to have such generous families who donate uniforms to this program! If you need uniforms, please email email@example.com. Tracey Bohem and Kelly Braun manage this program and they would be happy to help you out. If you have gently used jumpers, skirts, pants, shorts and shirts that your child can no longer fit, please consider donating them to our Uniform Exchange! As a courtesy, we ask that you please, please launder your items before donating. This will ensure that we can pass them along quickly to another student. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful consideration.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!!!Thank you to the few that have signed up on the link already. It is appreciated very much!! We still have days available. Most needed days are Monday’s and Thursdays. We have a Friday available too.
For September the dates that need filled are:
MONDAY September 9,16,23 and 30th.
THURSDAY September 12,19 and 26th
FRIDAY September 27 If you can help any of these days email me and I will put you down on the calendar.
If you want to sign up for a set day of the week every month please sign up on the link provided. From the sign up is how I know what days need to be filled in. You MUST BE VIRTUS TRAINED! Once you sign up I have to check through the office that you are Virtus trained and cleared by them to volunteer. If finding a sitter is a problem, you may bring siblings while you volunteer for recess.
Recess is from 11:20 to 12:00.
Please email me with any questions. Allisonmm4@gmail.com