High School Open Houses
Mercy McAuley High School Open House
6000 Oakwood Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45224 Sunday, November 10 1 – 3:30 p.m.
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- October 3/4: Fall Break! No School
- October 11th: COCA Bullying program grades K-8
- Windy City Players Grade Prek-4
- Grade 8 Net Retreat
- October 17th: End of 1st Quarter
- October 18th: Teacher in service- no school
- October 22nd: Picture retake
NEWS FROM PTA:
1st Annual Fall Harvest Festival: October 26, 4p-7p
· Tracey Bohem is the Coordinator for this event. Reach her at 513-888-9308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
· A Sign-up Genius has gone out for themed raffle baskets. Each class has a different theme. For every 2 items donated, you can earn 1hr of service.
· We have several areas of need including, setting up, helping with games, selling raffle/split-the pot-tickets, concession stand, decorating (including providing decorations) cleaning up, etc. All of these can help you earn service hours! A Sign-up Genius will be emailed soon so you can volunteer.
· Thank you to Kristy Lanier and Felicia Byrd for being the coordinators. The kick off will be mid-October.
· We will sell Discovery coupon books and St. Vivian Tervis-style tumblers. More info to come
Grandparent’s/ Special Persons Day: Friday November 8th
· We are in need of a Coordinator and Co-coordinator to oversee this event; You CAN do this if you’ve every planned a social function before!
· Areas of need: bakers for treats, help cleaning up, help directing families where to go
· Email email@example.com if you are interested in helping
· Perfect opportunity if you have little ones at home, Easy way to earn an hour of volunteer time!
· Click on the Sign-up Genius link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0A44A8AF2CA1FF2-recess2 to chose the same day each month, or…
· Email Allison Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know a day you can com in for the current month.
· Totally flexible to fit your busy lifestyle. Must be Virtus trained.
· Another easy way to earn an hour of volunteer time!
· Email Maureen Richard at email@example.com for more info.
· Subs are always needed so if you cannot commit to the same day each month, Maureen can tell you where she needs help for the current month
· Must be Virtus trained.
Dine to Donate: Chipotle in Finneytown October 16, 5p-9p
· Flyer will be provided as we get closer
PTA Meetings: Earn 1 hour of service for each meeting attended!
Following is the schedule for our next 3 meetings, all held in St. Ursuline Hall. Snacks and Childcare will be provided, so bring the whole family! This is a great opportunity for Middle School students to earn service hours! If interested, please email the PTA. Earn 1 hour of service for each meeting attended!
· Thursday October 17 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
· Sunday November 17 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
· No meeting in December
· Thursday January 16 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
Virtus Training: Next Virtus training held at St Vivian: Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6pm (as of 9/27/19, there is only 1 slot left! Register today!)
Did you know that you already paid your training fee when you enrolled your child? And you may have a token to reimburse you for your background check? To inquire if you have a token, please call Kathy Rothschild at 513-728-4331 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: https://www. virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_ list.cfm?theme=0
- Choose Cincinnati, OH (Archdiocese)
- Find a location that is convenient for you
Introducing Remind!: Remind is a platform the PTA will be using to stay in touch with you! Please click the link, follow the instructions, and download the app so that you can be in the know when it comes to the PTA. https://www.remind.com/join/stviv
Gym/Spiritwear Shirts: If you would like to purchase one, please send $5, cash (exact change, please) or check (made payable to St. Vivian PTA) to school in an envelope labeled with your child’s name, teacher and requested size on it, and one will be sent home with your student.
Spirit wear: You can purchase sweatshirts, 3/4 zip pullovers and microfleece pullovers through Schools Bells. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Spirit wear mom Lisa Dario at email@example.com
1. Visit www.schoolbells.com
2. Enter the school code S1992 and choose Boy or Girl
3. On the Category Listing page, click on School Specialty Items
4. You will see the 3 items listed above available for purchase.
Uniform Exchange: St. Vivian is so blessed to have such generous families who donate uniforms to this program! If you need uniforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tracey Bohem and Kelly Braun manage this program and they would be happy to help you out. If you have gently used jumpers, skirts, pants, shorts and shirts that your child can no longer fit, please consider donating them to our Uniform Exchange! As a courtesy, we ask that you please, please launder your items before donating. This will ensure that we can pass them along quickly to another student. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful consideration.
NEWS FROM THE BOOSTERS:
Girls and Boys Basketball Registration is now open!!!
Basketball Registration will close on October 16th. There will be no late registrations accepted!
Basketball season will run from November thru February. Practice begin the first week of November, games begin the first weekend of December. Season ending tourney is the weekend of February 14th for 3rd and 4th grades and February 20th for 5th thru 8th grades. Practices are twice a week with one or two games on the weekends. There are no games the weekends of December 20th. There WILL be games the weekend of January 3rd, 4th and 5th.
$70 sport fee collected at time of registration
BOYS BASKETBALL REGISTRATION
Boys Basketball – Erin Pauley email@example.com or Keith Weigand firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Basketball – Beth Sander email@example.com or Scott Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org