NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
Happy Friday the 13th!! What a wonderful week we have had at our school! Students are settling into their routine and the day is running smoothly. Thank you for the opportunity to share in the life of your child! We are so grateful to be apart of their educational journey!
- PHONES: We are in need of a new phone system on campus. Until that is installed, we will not have voicemail. Please use our email system to reach us if you cannot get through the phone lines!
- School Pictures: September 19th. Students may be out of uniform but must follow the dress code guidelines such as:
- no sandals or ballerina flats
- no sleeveless tops
- no skinny or holey bottoms
- no leggings or yoga pants
- shorts/skirts/dresses must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee
- no inappropriate logos/sayings on clothing
- October 3/4: Fall Break- no school
- October 17th: End of the first quarter
- October 18th: In service no school
NEWS FROM PTA:
When does the PTA meet? Next meeting is this coming Sunday, at 6pm. Following is a schedule for our next 4 meetings, all held in St. Ursuline Hall. Childcare will be provided, so bring the whole family! This is a great opportunity for Middle School students to earn service hours! If interested, please email the PTA.
- Sunday September 15 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- Thursday October 17 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- Sunday November 17 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
- No meeting in December
- Thursday January 16 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
Introducing Remind!: Remind is a platform the PTA will be using to stay in touch with you! Please click the link, follow the instructions, and download the app so that you can be in the know when it comes to the PTA. https://www.remind.com/join/stviv
How to contact the PTA: If you have any question for the PTA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We can help you get your 20 volunteer hours!
Remember to follow the school on Facebook: St. Vivian School
Fall Fundraiser: The PTA is looking for a Coordinator to organize this. This fundraiser is very easy to head-up because the fundraising company, Midwest Fundraising, handles the kick-off event and provides the student material. If interested, please email the PTA or call/text Carly Vondrell 513-257-9231
1st Annual Fall Harvest Festival: Tracey Bohem is the Coordinator for this event, which will be held the end of October. She has some wonderful ideas to make this family-friendly event a success! If you would like to help, please email the PTA or call/text Tracey at 513-888-9308. We have several areas of need including, setting up, helping with games and the concession stand, decorating, including providing decorations, cleaning up, etc. All of these can help you earn service hours.
Recess: This is an easy way to earn an hour of volunteer time! This is also perfect if you have a little one because you can bring them with you. The students LOVE seeing younger siblings. You can either click on the Sign-up Genius link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0A44A8AF2CA1FF2-recess2 to chose the same day each month, or email Allison Meyers at email@example.com to let her know a day you can com in for the current month. It’s totally flexible to fit your busy lifestyle. Must be Virtus trained.Cafeteria: This is another great way to earn an hour of volunteer time! For more information, please email Maureen Richard at firstname.lastname@example.orgMust be Virtus trained.
Speaking of Virtus Training: Did you know that you already paid your training fee when you enrolled your child? And you may have a token to reimburse you for your background check? To inquire if you have a token, please call Kathy Rothschild at 513-728-4331 or email her at email@example.com
- Visit: https://www. virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_ list.cfm?theme=0
- Choose Cincinnati, OH (Archdiocese)
- Find a location that is convenient for you
Next Virtus training held at St Vivian: Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6pm (as of 9/13/19, there are only 7 slots left! Register today!)
Gym/Spiritwear Shirts: If you would like to purchase one, please send $5, cash (exact change, please) or check (made payable to St. Vivian PTA) to school in an envelope labeled with your child’s name, teacher and requested size on it, and one will be sent home with your student.
Spirit wear: You can purchase sweatshirts, 3/4 zip pullovers and microfleece pullovers through Schools Bells. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Spirit wear mom Lisa Dario at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.schoolbells.com
- Enter the school code S1992 and choose Boy or Girl
- On the Category Listing page, click on School Specialty Items
- You will see the 3 items listed above available for purchase.
Uniform Exchange: St. Vivian is so blessed to have such generous families who donate uniforms to this program! If you need uniforms, please email email@example.com. Tracey Bohem and Kelly Braun manage this program and they would be happy to help you out. If you have gently used jumpers, skirts, pants, shorts and shirts that your child can no longer fit, please consider donating them to our Uniform Exchange! As a courtesy, we ask that you please, please launder your items before donating. This will ensure that we can pass them along quickly to another student. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful consideration.