***We are still waiting for pictures to be sent to school. As soon as we have them, they will be sent home! ***
NEWS FROM SCHOOL
- October 26th: Fall Fest 4-7 pm at school! Please come support your school and have an awesome time with your kids!
- Report Cards are available to view online via Gradelink.
- October 30th: Roger Bacon’s band will give a demonstration to grades 4-8.
- November 8th: Grandparents/Special Person Day.
- Book Fair in the library
- Visit Classrooms
- Mass at 9:00 (all students must attend Mass)
- Veteran’s Day Program 10:00 in the gym.
- Do you know a Veteran or current service person? Invite them to our Veteran’s Day program presented by our students on November 8th at 10:00 am in the gym!
- November 25th: Conferences 3-8 pm. Nov. 26th 9-11 if needed.
- November 26-29: NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break!
NEWS FROM PTA:
Uniform Exchange added to Fall Festival!
The PTA has received a number of requests for the Uniform Exchange this week, so we will have this available for our St. Vivian Families during the first half of our festival this Saturday, 10/26–( from 4-5:30p.m. ONLY). Stop in and get a few items for your school wardrobe! We will also be accepting uniform donations at this time–so bring the things you’ve outgrown. Remember–we can only accept laundered items in wearable condition (no rips/stains).Thank you!!
Supporting our School:
Fall Fundraiser: School-wide kick off will be Monday 10/21/19
· Coordinators: Kristy Lanier & Felicia Byrd
· This year, we are selling big coupon books and Tervis-style tumblers with our school/mascot logo on it! You can also order Collegiate and Professional sports teams.
School Store: Remember, you are NOT asked to sell anything! Just continue to encourage friends and family to shop online through SchoolStore!
1st Annual Fall Harvest Festival: October 26, 4p-7p
· We still have many spots open for help with the event and for raffle basket donations
· Coordinators: Tracey Bohem & Thersea Byndon
· Sign up to help with the festival https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E4CA9AF28A5FF2-fall
Grandparent’s/ Special Persons Day: Friday November 8th
· Coordinator: Carly Vondrell
· Areas of need: bakers for treats, help cleaning up, help directing families where to go
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping
· Perfect opportunity if you have little ones at home, Easy way to earn an hour of volunteer time!
· Sign-up Genius https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0A44A8AF2CA1FF2-recess2 to choose the same day each month, or…
· Email Allison Myers at email@example.com to let her know a day you can help for the current month.
· Totally flexible to fit your busy lifestyle. Must be Virtus trained.
· Another easy way to earn an hour of volunteer time!
· Email Maureen Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
· Subs are always needed so if you cannot commit to the same day each month, Maureen can tell you where she needs help for the current month
· Must be Virtus trained.
PTA Meetings: Earn 1 hour of service for each meeting attended!
Following is the schedule for our next 3 meetings, all held in St. Ursuline Hall. Snacks and Childcare will be provided, so bring the whole family! This is a great opportunity for Middle School students to earn service hours! If interested, please email the PTA.
· Sunday November 17 @ 6pm, St. Ursuline Hall
· No meeting in December
· Thursday January 16 @ 7pm, St. Ursuline Hall
Join Remind!: Click the link to join https://www.remind.com/join/stviv
Gym/Spiritwear Shirts: Send $5 to the office with name, teacher name & size needed
Spirit wear: School Bells sells St. Vivian sweatshirts, 3/4 zip pullovers and microfleece pullovers
1. Visit www.schoolbells.com
2. Enter the school code S1992 and choose Boy or Girl
3. On the Category Listing page, click on School Specialty Items