Where has the year gone? It is hard to believe this is the last Friday Notes for the school year! I want to thank everyone for a wonderful school year! Our school cannot function without all of your support! Blessings to all and see you in August!! Let the summer fun begin!! Mrs. Brack
NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
- Summer Office Hours: June M-F 9-1 or by appointment. July- by appointment. Please email Mrs. Brack or call the school office to schedule an appointment.
- June 16-18~ Parish Festival! Please consider volunteering! This is an important fundraiser for our parish and school!
- August 13th: 12-2 packet pickup in the gym, ice cream social, and uniform exchange.
- 1:oo pm- New parent meeting in the church.
- 1:30 pm- Jr. Hi. Parent meeting in the church.
- 2:00 pm- New Parent preschool meeting in the cafeteria
- Thursday August 17th: 1st day of school!! 7:40 am start time; 2:20 pm dismissal.
- Starting next school year, we will implementing a new tracking system for volunteer hours. All families are required to volunteer 20 hours each school year. (June 1st- May 31st). Festival volunteer hours will count toward the 2017-2018 school year. Stay tuned for additional information!
NEWS FROM THE PTA:
“CALLING ALL CAFETERIA VOLUNTEERS FOR 2017-2018!!" Come join us as a volunteer during the lunch time hour to see the new and improved feeding frenzy! We are looking for a few good men and women to help in the cafeteria for the 2017-2018 school year. It’s only about 1-1.5 hours of your time (10:45am – 12:00pm) and it counts as service hours toward your requirement. You can volunteer as many days as you would like each month; even if only one it’s a big help. No formal kitchen experience needed. We are in need of volunteers on almost any day of the month as we have lost some great help due to graduations. Substitutes on an as needed basis are welcomed if you cannot commit fully but all must have the required Virtus training. If you have any questions or want to sign up, please contact Maureen Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or at 513-521-2976 (before 8:00 pm).”
NEWS FROM THE BOOSTERS
We hope the St. Vivian festival can be part of everyone's safe and enjoyable summer. Please visit us during weekend of June 16, 17, & 18 for fun for all ages. The festival is also great way for school parents to complete all or some of the required service hours before, during, or after the festival. Kids can often come and work with you at a festival booth. Parents and older kids can also help during set up and clean up. If you are interested in helping, you can contact Kevin McCabe at 256-8791 or email@example.com, sign up here: http://stvivian.org/festival/volunteer/, or attend our festival meeting on Wednesday, May 31, 7pm at Ursuline Hall.
Other ways to help make the festival a success:
Sponsorship: You may be a part of or know an organization that would like to sponsor a booth at the festival for a chance to build up publicity within the community and help offset our costs. To sign up, please contact Betsy Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 772‐7284 x125. More information is here: http://stvivian.org/festival/sponsors/
Major Award: You can purchase and/or sell the Major Award tickets you received and return them to the school or parish office or bring them to the festival for a chance to win prizes ranging from $500 to $5000 dollars. You do not have to be present at the Sunday night drawing to win.
Donations: New and slightly used items can be dropped off to the parish office for the Basket Raffle and Quote n Tote. Thanks to those who already made donations for their class.
Finally, please spread the word and pray for good weather and successful event. More information here: http://stvivian.org/festival/ and follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stvivianfestival/