NEWS FROM SCHOOL:
Just a reminder: School is closed next Friday October 27th for teacher in service.
*****Due to a scheduling conflict with our music teacher, our Christmas program will be moved to Tuesday December 19th. Please note this change on your calendars! *******
- COATS/JACKETS: All winter coats and jackets may have a hood attached to protect students from the cold. Students may have zip-up jackets with hoods, but no pullover hoodies with the kangaroo pocket in the front can be worn at school.
- TARDY/ABSENCES: We have many chronic tardy students! Your child must be in their homerooms by 7:40 am in order to not be considered tardy or absent. When arriving late, students need to pick up a pink tardy slip in the office. Please refer to the handbook, page 11 and 12, for explanation for consequences for excessive tardies. By state law, your child can be consider chronic truant if tardy/absences are excessive. St. Vivian school does report all truancy to the proper authorities.
- October 20th: End of 1st quarter: Reminder- shorts/skorts cannot be worn in quarters 2 and 3. Please remind your child that shorts or leggings must be worn under all skirts.
- October 24th: Picture retake. Only students getting their picture retaken may be out of uniform
- October 25th: Grade 3 service field trip to The Twin Tower
- October 26th: Report cards available
- October 27th: In Service; no school
- November 10th: Grandparent's Day- more info to come!
- November 20th
- 1:00- Ronald McDonald PreK-3 "A Friendship Adventure with Ronald McDonald"
- 3:00-8:00 parent teacher conferences; November 21st 9:00-11:00 parent teacher conferences
- November 21st-24th No School- Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 27th: McCauley Christmas Show
NEWS FROM PTA:
St. Vivian Grandparents & Person at St. Vivian School, Friday November 10, 2017, 8:00 a.m. until 10:15 a.m.The PTA cordially invites all Grandparents & Special Persons to join their Special Student for 8:00 a.m. Mass. Please arrive at 7:45 a.m. so that you can proceed to gym to meet up with your student(s) and then into church for Mass. After church, visit our Scholastic Book Fair (optional), visit your special student’s classroom, and enjoy refreshments and receive a “Commemorative” 4 x 6 picture available in the gym. Optional: Larger Prints are available to purchase. 8 x 10 prints $20.00, 5x7 prints $10.00 or have one picture put on a CD so you can print unlimited pictures yourself for $10.00 each. (Cash only) Questions? Please contact Roberta Roberts at 513 516 -5545 (Text messages welcome)
PUMPKIN CARVING night is Thursday October 26. This is a fun, family evening at St. Vivian. Bring a pumpkin or few. There will be refreshments and games. Volunteers are needed for set up, clean up, and games as well as bringing snacks. Jr. Hi. students can also sign up for volunteering. Adults must be Virtus Trained
|Pumpkin Carving Night
This is a One-Time Event held on Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 6:30-8pm. St. Vivian Families can come and carve their pumpkins at school. Families supplies the creativity and the PTA cleans up the mess and provides carnival games to keep the little kids entertained. Please bring any old newspaper to line tables with. Helpers responsible for: Setting up (in Cafeteria, setting up tables and trash cans, getting games organized) During carving night - helping with cleaning up Clean-u
Dine and Donate at Panera is October 24 from 4-9:30 PM. Check your child's take home papers for the flyer or print the necessary attached flyer.
Grandparent's /Special Person's Day is November 10. Lots of volunteers are needed for this event to sign up on the Sign Up Genius. If you can't volunteer consider bringing in refreshments or baking treats, also on the Sign Up Genius.
Virtus Training is November 9 in Ursuline starting at 6:00 PM. Virtus Training is mandatory for anyone volunteering with children in the Archdioses of Cincinnati. Childcare will be provided with a previous reservation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for childcare.
St. Vivian PTA has a Facebook Page. You will get additional reminders of PTA events going on.
If you do not get regular PTA emails, send a note to email@example.com and you will be regular updates
The next PTA meeting is November 14 at 7:00 in Ursuline Hall
NEWS FROM THE BOOSTERS: